Saturday, October 2, 2010

One word. AL PACINO

Famous movie lines from my favorite actor, Alfredo James Pacino



I got hooked with Pacino movies since I can remember. And The Godfather was one of them. Every time I watched this man, I mean, this icon, my jaw always dropped. Shit, I can't imagine where he gets his passion. Well, like he said, "I'm an actor, not a star", or something like that.
I sum-up some of his famous movies line and tagged them as my FAVORITES of all time and--ooh, I love him when he said "Say hello to my little friend" from Scarface. Short. Simple. Very persuasive. I used it before and it was effective.
Okay no more shit, here are some of my favorite movie lines:
Any Given Sunday
"That's what a leader's about: sacrifice. The times he's gotta sacrifice because he's gotta lead, by example. Not by fear and not by self-pity."
“I don't know what to say, really. Three minutes to the biggest battle of our professional lives. All comes down to today, and either, we heal as a team, or we're gonna crumble. Inch by inch, play by play. Until we're finished. We're in hell right now, gentlemen. Believe me. And, we can stay here, get the shit kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb outta hell... one inch at a time. Now I can't do it for ya, I'm too old. I look around, I see these young faces and I think, I mean, I've made every wrong choice a middle-aged man can make. I, uh, I've pissed away all my money, believe it or not. I chased off anyone who's ever loved me. And lately, I can't even stand the face I see in the mirror. You know, when you get old, in life, things get taken from you. I mean, that's... that's... that's a part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losin' stuff. You find out life's this game of inches, so is football. Because in either game - life or football - the margin for error is so small. I mean, one half a step too late or too early and you don't quite make it. One half second too slow, too fast and you don't quite catch it. The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break of the game, every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone else around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when add up all those inches, that's gonna make the fucking difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying! I'll tell you this, in any fight it's the guy whose willing to die whose gonna win that inch. And I know, if I'm gonna have any life anymore it's because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch, because that's what living is, the six inches in front of your face. Now I can't make you do it. You've got to look at the guy next to you, look into his eyes. Now I think ya going to see a guy who will go that inch with you. Your gonna see a guy who will sacrifice himself for this team, because he knows when it comes down to it your gonna do the same for him. That's a team, gentlemen, and either, we heal, now, as a team, or we will die as individuals. That's football guys, that's all it is.”
“If you're gonna be a loser, raise your hand. IF you're gonna act like a pussy, raise your hand.”
Devil’s Advocate
“Freedom, baby. Is never having to say you're sorry.”
“Guilt is like a bag of fuckin' bricks. All ya gotta do is set it down.”
 “Let me give you a little inside information about God. God likes to watch. He's a prankster. Think about it. He gives man instincts. He gives you this extraordinary gift, and then what does He do, I swear for His own amusement, his own private, cosmic gag reel. He sets the rules in opposition. It's the goof of all time. Look but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste. Taste, don't swallow. Ahaha. And while you're jumpin' from one foot to the next, what is he doing? He's laughin' His sick, fuckin' ass off! He's a tight-ass! He's a SADIST! He's an absentee landlord! Worship that? NEVER!”
Donnie Brasco
“A wise guy's always right even when he's wrong, he's right.”
“When I introduce you, I'm gonna say, "This is a friend of mine." That means you're a connected guy. Now if I said instead, this is a friend of ours that would mean you a made guy. A Capiche?”
“Anywhere you go, all around the world, all the best cooks are men.”
Carlito’s Way
“Favor gonna kill you faster than a bullet.”
“The dream don't come no closer by itself. We gotta run after it now.”
Scent of a Woman
“Whoo-ah. “
“Women! What can you say? Who made 'em? God must have been a fuckin' genius. The hair... They say the hair is everything, you know. Have you ever buried your nose in a mountain of curls... just wanted to go to sleep forever? Or lips... and when they touched, yours were like... that first swallow of wine... after you just crossed the desert. Tits. Hoo-ah! Big ones, little ones, nipples staring right out at ya, like secret searchlights. Mmm. Legs. I don't care if they're Greek columns... or secondhand Steinways. What's between 'em... passport to heaven. I need a drink. Yes, Mr Sims, there's only two syllables in this whole wide world worth hearing: pussy. Hah! Are you listenin' to me, son? I'm givin' ya pearls here.”
“Now I have come to the cross-roads in my life. I always knew what the right path was. Without exception, I knew, but I never took it. You know why? It was too damn hard. Now here's Charlie. He's come to the cross-roads. He has chosen a path. It's the right path. It's a path made of principle that leads to character. Let him continue on his journey.”
Frankie and Johnny
“Now, there's a man and a woman. He's a cook. She's a waitress. Now, they meet and they don't connect. Only, she noticed him. He could feel it. And he noticed her. And they both knew it was going to happen. They made love, and for maybe one whole night, they forgot the 10 million things that make people think, I don't love this person, I don't like this person, I don't know this- Instead, it was perfect, and they were perfect. And that's all there was to know about. Only now, she's beginning to forget all that, and pretty soon he's going to forget it too.”
“I know I can't the make the bad go away. You're right, I can't. But when the bad comes again, I am gonna be next to you.”
The Local Stigmatic
“Fame is the first disgrace, because God knows who you are.”
“I never pay for sex, Ray, because Jesus Christ paid for our sins.”
“You know how to keep an old Englishman happy? Tell him a joke when he's young.”
The Godfather
“I'll make him an offer he can't refuse.”
“Don't tell me you're innocent. Because it insults my intelligence and makes me very angry.”
“Some people will pay a lot of money for that information; but then your daughter would lose a father, instead of gaining a husband.”
The Godfather II
“I don't feel I have to wipe everybody out...Just my enemies.”
“There are many things my father taught me here in this room. He taught me: keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.”
“If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone.”
The Godfather III
“Never hate your enemies. It affects your judgment.”
“It's dangerous to be an honest man.”
“Friends and money - oil and water.”
And Justice for All
“At this point, I would just like to say that what this committee is doing in theory is highly commendable. However, in practice, it sucks... and I'm not going to answer any more questions.”
“The one thing that bothered me, the one thing that stayed in my mind and I couldn't get rid of it, that haunted me, was why. Why would she lie? What was her motive for lying? If my client is innocent, she's lying, why? Was it blackmail? No. Was it jealousy? No. Yesterday I found out why. She doesn't have a motive, you know why? Because she's not lying... And ladies and gentlemen of the jury, the prosecution is not going to get that man today, no, because I'm gonna get him! my client, the Honorable Henry T. Fleming, should go right to fucking jail! The son of a bitch is guilty!”
“Being honest doesn't have much to do with being a lawyer.”
Dog Day Afternoon
“I'm robbing a bank because they got money here. That's why I'm robbing it.”
“ATTICA! ATTICA! ATTICA! ATTICA ATTICA! ATTICA! ATTICA! ATTICA! ATTICA! ATTICA!”
“I'm a fuck-up and I'm an outcast. If you get near me you're gonna get it- you're gonna get fucked over and fucked out.”
Serpico
“The reality is that we do not wash our own laundry - it just gets dirtier.”
“You stupid fuck! You didn't know me? You fired without a warning, without a fucking brain in your head? Oh, shit. If I buy one, motherfucker, I ain't buying it from you.”
“You know what they say, don't you? If you love a man's garden, you gotta love the man!”
Scarecrow
“A crow isn't afraid of a scarecrow. It laughs.”
“Riley tried to fuck me, so I had to beat the shit out of him.”
“You’re a "scarecrow". You're also an "asshole”.
Scarface
“You know what? Fuck you! How about that?”
“I'm Tony Montana! You fuck with me, you fuckin' with the best!”
“You wanna fuck with me? Okay. You wanna play rough? Okay. Say hello to my little friend!”

***