Saturday, July 10, 2010

The Last Sepir: Prelude

Title: The Last Sepir
Author: Unanimo
Language: English
Genres: Adventure, Drama, Historical
Warning: Some language and descriptive elements are not suited for minors
Status: On going

 



Fifty years ago, before Saigon fell, I fought with the Americans against the communist of North Vietnam. I was a lieutenant at that time and lost few good men and closest friends. One of them was Naduane, a woman. Yes I know, women back at that time were treated as second class soldiers, most of them were field medics. But knowing Naduane, she was different on every aspect. She disguised herself as one of us, as one of the boys as she always said, which, as I may say, ironic. She wanted to prove something...


Stupid girl, stupid reason.

But to tell you the truth, she became ironically stupid all because of me.

Because she wanted to protect me.

And on January 30, 1965, she disappeared and I never heard of her ever since.

I became a doctor after the war and searched for her. I felt her presence everytime I was alone. I knew she was near, yet she herself never want to be found. I don't know why. It appears those who wanted to be lost wanted to be lost forever. I will never forgive her if that's true. She was my twin sister, and I promised my family I will be the one who's going to protect her. We we're the only ones left from our people. So it is my duty to find her.

Twenty years later, I listed myself yet again to another military service of the United States hoping to see Naduane. The mission was in the Middle East, ranking as Captain of the 22nd Division. Same story, I lost men and she's not there.


I lost my sister, I lost hundred men.

I was the Captain of the Union Army who fought in Gettysburg when the preservation of North America in 1862 American Civil War happened... but that time, Naduane was with me, waiting from our new found home in the province called Pennsylvania, protecting our plantation. Our life back there was... complicated. I was called in a mission as more than I could count my cattle. I married on that town too by a woman named Alexandra, she was my first and my last. I had many previous lovers, men, women, young... till I met her. Although I have the ability to embrace love, I can't have children. Alexandra died before I could even say goodbye.


We flew when the war ended, and eventhough I choose not to, and before I knew it, my sister and I were in Italy, then move to Greece where I became the Commander of the Averof, one of their flagships. And that time, too, Naduane was with me. By the year 1939, Axis brought up another conflict with the Allieds and my sister was a nurse while I'm a Navy officer of the Soviet's. When the war ended in 1946, my sister I traveled across the globe and ended back in America.

I was with Naduane through all those years, through all those countries we shared to live with until... until the time she disappeared.

We we're only eleven years old when we became an orphan. My father was warrior, a gallant soldier of the Royal Army, he personally trained us all well. We live in a time where there's no room for fear and pain, but that thought became only jest to our enemies. I will never forget the day, for the very first time, I saw the fright from our father's eyes when this tall dark men came to our home. Those men whose power are kin to us.

My father begged them to leave, as so as my mother, but still they proceed. Twenty bulky, muscled men against my father was no use. And then, right then and there, I saw how they burned my brothers and sisters' so alive body, my father was beheaded right in front of my mother, and my mother was hacked into pieces. Our enemy assured their utmost intention. They assumed my parents will have revenge... if their slaughtered remains can be whole again. I know it's bizarre, weird perhaps. I myself didn't believe it first, but both of my parents said they were gifted by an everlasting life.

Sepirs.

We are the Sepirs, and my twin sister and I were innate. Only few of us was still alive and the Xalkans wants us to be destroyed completely.

I don't know what that means, my parents never explained to me, not until we reached our thirty-first year. The year when all of our aging ends.

They told us this was the gift from the gods. If this was true, I don't want any. I saw this as a curse rather than a gift. I don't want to feel the burden of living if all whom my love were dead.

We became desperate, my sister and I. We searched the world and looked for our kind. There's none. Since I was seven, all I see was war. All I see were the Xalkans. And I thought being a warrior over and over again would pay my debt by destroying the dominant so that I can honor my family, my mistake. It doesn't make any difference whether your on either side of the world. I've been fighting all my life yet I never felt free from my own self.

We survived from the world where no one knows the meaning of fear, pain, and suffering. I saw men lust for power, men who had no knowledge of death for themselves but only to others. I lived long enough to tell tales of the world and live long enough to despise every single strand of my story. Nothing has changed since I lifted my father's sword till the day greed empowered humans. The only difference from the world I lived once and the world now was the level of hatred.

I was killed more than once, I died more than once. However, how many times I had kissed the ground and saw the Angel of Death's golden eyes, it was the same count I escaped from my own grave. My life, Naduane's life were not an orthodox as per se. I am no ordinary man, Naduane was no ordinary woman. We have the same birthplace but we are not human. Humans don't die multiple times.

I wish my sister was here... I wish she was here so that we can celebrate our eight hundred and fiftieth year on this Earth.

But she's not... and I'm not going to stop till I find her.

My name is Jameru Jerac, and my last mortal name is Bastian Mayr. I am one of the last Sepir.

Hear my story...






Next