Monday, December 20, 2010

THE OTHER EVE: Who’s to blame, The Adam or the Eve or the other Eve Part III



Author: Unanimo
Disclaimer: This article is for reading entertainment only. Views and opinions presented are solely my own and not necessarily represent as facts.
Language: English-Filipino

This is the final chapter of my work. Before you start your reading I would like to thank everybody, your appreciation, criticisms, and praise. Salamat. Salamat. Salamat. You don’t know how much you made my day.

One reader of mine requested to put my own story to my work, well I wish I could but sadly I have nothing to tell. My experienced regards to this delicate issue was all coincidental and observation (a.k.a. chismax). I am an analytical person, which sometimes my friends branded me, including my husband, a weirdo. I love to write, or dying to write, I am not expressive in turns to speech but I am damned good on writing it (wow kapal). So that’s why I made this article for you all, to the ones have read it from the start and those who just starting to read my work. Again, thank you very, very much.

THE OTHER EVE 
Kabit and Querida, these are the most perfect and useful descriptions to women na nakikisawsaw sa relasyon ng mag-asawa. And when it comes to the wife, these kinds of women are Home Wrecker’s born and raised from hell.

Mapang-akit.

Mapusok.

Maganda.

Lamang.

Bruha.

Malandi.

Walanghiya.

Puta.

Talaga lang ha.


Mapang-akit sila because they have genes which we don’t possess. Mapusok because they’re positive. Maganda because they are gifted. Lamang because they know shit. Bruha kasi nalamangan nila tayo. Malandi kasi hindi natin masikmura ginagawa nila. Walanghiya kasi wala sa vocabulary nila ang hiya. Puta kasi nga nang -agaw sila ng hindi kanila.

The truth can be seen—your own version of truth, I mean. But there are things we cannot see and know. Why? Because not all kabit are the same, though mostly nanandya yung iba, marahil trabaho nila o nakikipagsabayan lang, but definitely not all third party has the same agenda.

To some, they need someone by their side. An emotional protector so to speak. However, and eventually, right from the start they already have the conclusion of their relationship before it ends. They know they are the ones to blame about everything and, sadly, often left lonely before she can even say goodbye.

Lungkot ano?

Ang mga hitad nagpakatanga ng dahil lang sa lalaki.

Ay sus!

Kadaming lalaki sa mundo kung bakit nakikihati pa sa pumirma na.

Nakakalungkot talaga, and at the same time, nakakabwiset.

But though irritatingly pathetic, we have to understand them a little bit. And to help you on that, nagmasid nanaman ang lola n’yo para mayroon maisulat—to share knowledge kung baga, and I found out na may iba-ibang classes din pala ang mga kabit. Iba-ibang level ng hitad. Hanef!

Note: To those who have experience with a polygamous husband and his mistress, this one’s for you. And those who happen to be the other woman, read it gradually. Believe me, it will sink in.

At kung malilito kayo sa insert words in between conversation, I apologize. Just can’t help na sumingit eh hehehe.

The Naive Type
When I learned about this kind of mistress, all I said was; “Can someone here whack her head to ingest reality?” And to the guy; “If there's a god of punishment, please struck this man with an acute and permanent case of STD.” Woopeedoo!

Naive Mistress [nah-eev] - having or showing unaffected simplicity of nature or absence of artificiality, unsophisticated, ingenuous, or in layman’s term; blind and frustratingly stupid. Sa urban tagalog; shoshonga-shonga, pero kung gusto mo pang idiin; tonta.

These women are frequently called Idealistic, it’s either not aware she’s the mistress or doesn’t want to believe she is the mistress. But I think the later term would do fit. Why? Eh tanga nga eh.

Mostly all of them are not ignorant when it comes to basic life, but can be fooled easily, and add to that, sila ay allergic sa katotohanan. Why again? Same answer.

A woman who has a non-functional brain cell when it comes to her married boyfriend usually had live double lives, always in the shadow, waiting for the next move and, like I said sa aking previous article, lies and deception are her sacred oath. They are mostly skilled sa art of ignoring everything kahit na may banderang pula sa harapan nila. For them Warning signs are just display regardless to cheating.

Here’s some example...

“You said what?” Ask Jessi, closest friend of Laila (the mistress). “Can you say that again?”

“Every Wednesday lang s’ya pumupunta dito...” Laila explained, or trying to. “At Monday lang ngayon.”

“That’s bullshit!”

“He loves me, Jessi.”

“Yeah right. Like when, every Wednesday?”

“He loves me really,” Laila said proudly. “And I will do everything to make him happy.”

“That’s it—nasisiraan kana ng ulo!”

“I’m not. I’m in love!”

“There’s a difference between love and stupidity, girl. Hindi nga natin alam kung meron pa s’yang iba bukod sa’yo eh. Having you is not his shit way to play about—mag-isip ka nga!”

“I don’t care. I’m happy.”

“But that doesn’t leave the fact you’re insane.”

“Call me whatever you want. I love him.”

“Fine, fine,” Jessi sighed. “But don’t tell me I didn’t warn you.”

See? Bulag at estupida di ba? Kapwa babae na nagsasabi, ignore pa rin ang loka-loka.

Idealistic woman are often alone and deciding alone, because everything and everyone is against her will. Her whole world became nothing but lies. And when she is with friends she always defending herself or her lover something which everyone knows catastrophically insatiable. Her ears has an imaginary cork and her brain doesn’t go into process of realism. Alam n’yang may mali but her heart doesn’t tell her so. As result, they ended up depressed and sometimes suicidal.

Eto pa isa...

“Hindi ako pwede ngayon...” kontra pero malambing na sabi ni Frank kay Laila. “You know that, don’t you?”

“But I miss you,” Laila said, with cry-cry sa kabilang linya ng phone. “Can I visit you nalang at your office to—”

“NO!” Frank freaks out, and then lowered his voice as he realized that all eyes around the office turned on him. “No...don’t come to me, I’ll come to you.”

“When?” she demands.

“Soon.”

“When is that soon?”

“Very soon.”

“You said the same thing last week.”

“Well...something came up,”—duh—“I have to re-do my schedule.”

“Again?”

“Oh baby, don’t start...”

“Don’t call me baby, I waited for you last week!”

“I’m sorry, projects killing me, plus the kids are having—”

“Stop,” she snarled. “Alam ko na kasunod n’yan.”

Irritation arise. “Then why are we having this discussion?”

Ooh Spam Alert: he’s getting pissed. Style mo bulok!

“I’m sorry, Frank...I’m just...” she hitched a breath. “I didn’t mean to raise my voice. I just missed you.”

“I’m trying as much as I can to be with you. Alam mo naman hindi ganoon kadali situation natin, di ba?”

“Yeah I know,” she whispered. Then; “I love you...”

Huh? That’s it? She just yield? And the three amazing words that speaks volume of what kind of fuckhead she was was the only thing she could say?

“Do you love me, Frank?”—at dinagdagan pa!

Frank sighed in relief. Whew. Hindi s’ya galit. “Of course I do, but now it’s not the time to say it. All eyes are on me right now. Naghihinala na ang mga office mate ko at kilala nila asawa ko.”

“Can we have dinner at Sugi next time?” she asked, definitely ignoring his note. Ay ang kulit! The second Golden Rule of the Unfaithful is never ever ever go out on public places. You bitch, doesn’t anyone told you that?

“I love your cooking, baby. We don’t need to go out.”

Yeah right, keep telling her that.

“Besides,” he carry on, “I hate public places. I just want to spend my time alone with you.”

Sappy. Leche!

“Really?” Laila blushed. “You want to be with me?”

“Yes...really, and I promise I’ll be there at your apartment long before you know it.”

Hindot! Wednesday ka nga lang pwede, di ba?

“I’ll be waiting for you.”

“I know you do. I have to go now...”

“Say you love me, Frank.”

“Uhmm—”

Tinamaan ka ng magaling. Hindi mo alam gagawin mo ano?

“Please...”

He sighed deeply...then, “Likewise...”

“What?”

“You know what I mean.”

Hayyyyyy gatanga.

“Okay, I get it. I love you.”

Click.

Beeeeeeeep.

Yun na yon? Wala man lang epilogue? You left her hanging, you asshole!

Laila finally set the phone down and stared at the wall, the same wall she used to hang her paintings. When Frank came to her life, her artistic persona had dropped from a hundred to zero. Frank is my friend, Frank is my love, Frank is my world. These are the only words she knew since then.

Six hours and twenty-three days later Frank still hadn’t showed up at her apartment, and yeah waiting in vain pa rin si Laila up until now while considering the Baygon bottle as her new best friend.

Poor girl. She doesn’t get the picture, doesn’t she?

What to say... 
First, I know I’m a little bit harsh here. My apologies. I hate the term stupid, but I have to say it. I can’t describe this kind of person as innocent, because that would be too dense. I can’t call her hopeless either, because that would be too harsh—for there’s hope for everyone...that is if she can knock some sense out of herself.

But sadly, and the truth about this case is; there’s nothing we could do about it. Kahit ipakulam mo pa, useless talaga. Maybe some of you did advice someone like Laila more than a hundred times but she non-whatsoever used it even once. Pasok sa kabilang tenga-labas sa kabilang tenga. Sarap iwagwag di ba? The fact is they do ignore what we think is right for them, either written or verbal under the law of mankind. We want to save them from the depths of errors; however a mistress’ looks at us as antagonist of their lives. She is in love for goodness sake. No one can tell what is right and wrong when someone is in love, and in this case she is in love, and if a person is enslave by the power of adoration, passion, and devotion they are unable to see what’s beyond the other border, all was blank, all is none, no more red flags for her. If she should go straight to hell, then damn so be it as long as the ache doesn’t get her. Love chooses erratically, walang sinasanto, and it will hit you right then and there without any shit warning. At pagtinamaan ka ng lintek na pag-ibig na yan, magiging bingi ka na, at dito na mamumuo ang iyong pagkatanga.

We, women, are so different than man. And I mean huge difference. Because men has control when it comes to their feelings than a woman. However, regards to their dick; I’m sorry dear, pero WALA. Indeed a woman’s lot is a hard one, we know, and though she knew she will be the one to blame, she would still fight for her man even if she has to be punch at the face, dragged across the street by the hair, throw to the lion’s den, parading throughout the town with a big A at her chest, face the humiliation and  grave threats, sapuhin lahat ng pinukol na sandok gamit ang ulo n’ya ay tatangapin n’ya because to her chicken lang yan compares to the ache she will face if she did lose the man she love. Matigas ang ulo ng ganitong babae, walang makakapagsabi sa kanya kung ano at dapat n’yang gawin. Panahon ang tanging gigising sa kanya. Or malamang matatapos lang ang pahihirap nito kung ang lalaki ang talagang lalayo—of which I find it bullshit! Sorry guys but I never seen a man who ended a relationship with a woman if he knows he’s benefiting with it. Maliban na lang kung demandahan na o nahuli na ng asawa, kaso hihintayin pa bang mangyari ‘yon?

The basic thing to prevent an unwanted and forbidden relationship is you have to stop it before it eats you alive. Pagkatandaan lagi na ang lalaki ay papatol lang kung alam n’ya na papatol din ang babae.

The Optimistic Type
Ahh, maraming ganito. Eto yung klase ng querida na nangangarap na s’ya ang pipiliin sa huli at usually nakikipag competition sa tunay na asawa. She considered herself as “the only one” and disregards the fact that she is the second woman. Katulad din ng Naive-type, sila rin ay nagsasayang ng oras dahil ang kanilang adulterous life ay ginagawa nilang serious one. They usually came from a screwed relationship and often faithful inside the unfaithful relationship. One example of an optimistic mistress was a sad and rejected married woman. Kasal? Kahindik-hindik but true, I happen to know one.

Here’s the story...

Gail was married for two years sa kanyang bugnutin na asawa named Stephen. Kung tutuusin mahal n’ya ang kanyang esposo, kaso mayroon daw kulang—ang inaakala n’yang hindi s’ya binibigyan ng pahalaga. Then came Dale, a married man, her office mate. They became friends and built a platonic relationship-turned-disaster (short version of the story). Their relationship last for...I think five years, and like I said, as an optimistic, Gail was the one who is faithful and true than Dale. She is ready to leave her husband anytime, but Dale—for five fucking years—is still in the process of “I think about it”.

And another thing, and damn I don’t know when she will shut up, she always compares herself to Dale’s wife, Lisa.

“She did it again, didn’t she?” she asked while laying her head at Dale’s chest inside the hotel after a mind-blowing sex. “You are her husband, dapat binibigay n’ya lahat ng gusto mo. If I were her, I would do everything for you.”

See?

“Really...” Dale chuckled while smoothing his hand against her back. “Maybe she’s just tired from work kaya n’ya ako inaway.”

He has a point. However...

“Lame excuse.” Gail said. “Napapagod din naman ako but I’m not like that to you.”

“You’re not with me all the time, Gail.” He sat up and put a cigarette to his mouth, irritation crossing his face. “You’re married too, remember?”

Ah shit. Yan ang mali mong sinabi. Hala sige, ipaalala mo pa!

“You don’t have to tell me that each time we see each other.” She took the cigarette away. “I’m not your bitch, Dale, tell me something I want to hear.”

“Like what?”

Spoiler Alert: Tell her something sweet. Huwag na huwag mong tatanungin ang babae kung ano ang gusto n’ya. Lalo lang yan maiirita.

“Fuck you,” she snarled and throw the cigarette at him—sabi na sa’yo eh, buti mabilis nakailag. “You knew damn well what I’m talking about.”

“You knew I can’t.”

“Bakit ako kaya kong gawin! Ano ba meron ang asawa mo na wala ako? Di ba sabi mo mahal mo ako? Anong katarantaduhan nanaman idadahilan mo sa’kin ngayon?”

“Do we have to talk about this again? Ba’t hindi ka makuntento kung ano mayroon tayo?”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

Yeah, what’s that supposed to mean?

“Oh just shut up, Gail.”

“What do you think of me, your whore?”

Ahhh...yeah?


“Wasn’t that the real bargain?”

Ay gago.

“PUTANGINA MO!” She shouted. The sound of her voice bounces back and forth from the four corners of the room, stinging Dale’s ear. “Mahal kita kaya ako nandito!”

Riiiight.”

She stood up. “Don’t do this to me, Dale. I love you with every fibber of my being, tapos ganito lang maririnig ko sayo!”
Wow, what a pledge.

“But you’re asking something you know mahirap gawin. Why would I live my wife because of you?”

Oo nga naman, bakit nga ba?

“Because you said you loved me!”

“Oh common, Gail. I did say that but that doesn’t mean I’ll have to leave everything behind.”

“So habang buhay na lang tayong ganito?”

After five years, ngayon mo lang natanong yan?

“Just go with the flow, Gail. We are both married. Hindi naman pwedeng patayin natin asawa natin tapos mag-sama tayo!”

Oh don’t go there. Don’t listen to him, girl. That’s a rhetorical question. Remember Fatal Attraction? Someone ended up dead and we all know it’s not the guy.

“I’m not saying that!”

“Then what do you want me to do?!”

It's been five years, five freaking years and still ended up with one fucking question. The tone of his voice was a bluff, she knew, he used it many times. And it works. Although it was a form of strategy, her eyes still burned with tears, her heart still thunders against her chest that sometimes she can no longer contains it beat. Dale asked her a question and damned she must answer it. Must. Have. Should. But hell in a cautious way.

You’re asking her what you have to do, you say. Keep your dick to yourself, that’s what you have to do.
Gail’s decision was all that matters. It'll be the judge for both of them. If she should say "leave" then they have to part ways. If she told him "leave her" she knew what he would say in return.

Oh fuck it. Forget it. Either way, you're in the loose end. How many times did you dropped that underwear of yours in front of him? Tenths? Hundreds? Why should this day be any different, and for what? You lost your dignity and self-respect for this man and muted the pang of realism since you start fucking him, and now you’re complaining?
You created a monster out of the box but you forgot to read the blue book, gaga.

Broken, beaten, whatever—ulol!

Then again, ilang beses man ipukpok ni Gail sa ulo n’ya ang mga masasakit na salitang ito, useless pa rin. Because inside her heart, there’s love. And that love is wrecking her.

Losing her dignity and respect was easy; it will break her yet it will heal later—but loosing this man forever? She was fully aware it would destroy her completely.

Yup, she knew what to do...the same thing she always do for five years. Surrender—by flinging her arms around Dale and cried. “Sorry...I’m so sorry. I shouldn’t have said that. I’m sorry.”

Tanga. Tanga. Tanga! Nandun na eh. Papunta na eh.

Dale smiled and embraced her back. “Don’t make things difficult for both of us...” he said. “I know how you feel.”

Ay sus!

“I want to be with you forever, Dale. Ayoko ng patago.”

“Just be strong. Remember na mahal kita.”

“Mahal na mahal din kita.”

Weh?

“Let’s forget what happened ha. We’re here para makapag-solo tayo.”

Gail blushed...smiled widely. Puta, kantutan na ito!

What to say... 
There are things people will never learn: stop being an asshole.

Natural na sa tao ang magkamali. Natural na rin siguro sa karamihan natuto na dahil sa kanilang pagkakamali. Ngunit sa kaso ng infidelity, malabo pa sa tubig kanal matuto ang isang tao, at lalong-lalo na ang isang babae. Dahil kapag emotion na ang pinairal, tsk tsk...kaawaan ka.


Lahat naman tayo gustong sumaya. Lahat may pangarap, di ba? Pero siguro dapat maging specific sa pangarap, sa pagiging masaya, lalong-lalo na sa pag-ibig. Masaya ka nga, impakta ka naman sa tingin ng iba—ano yon?


Tanungin mo sarili mo. Manuri. Magmasid. Dahil hindi lahat ng oras ay may gagabay sa’yo. Hindi lahat ng oras sasagutin ka ng Diyos mo sa pag-aakalang kakampi mo s’ya dahil ikaw ang nasa side ng api. Alam mong palpak kana, magdarasal ka pa? At ‘wag na ‘wag mo gawing option ang suicide dahil masakit ang blade at kutsilyo, at maawa ka sa iiwan mo at mga sasampahan ng kaso. Ikaw ang sablay, hindi sila.  Babae ka, you should know better. Oo nga, tayong mga babae ay mayroon multifaceted character. Complex creature, ika nga. Masyadong sensitibo. Masyadong dramatic. Eh ano naman ngayon kung ganoon ang character natin? Hindi lang mapansin, tatakbo na sa platonic friend na lalaki? And for what, to share your depression? Ay sus. Loka-loka. Dagukan kita dyan eh. Pagkatandaan mo, yan ang sasamantalahin sa’yo ng lalaki. Iligtas daw ba sa kalungkutan at bibigyan ng kaligayahan. Punyeta! May butas ka na p’wedeng uluhan anytime dahil d’yan sa drama mo na yan makikita weak spot mo! Bakit hindi mo patunayan na malakas ka, kaya mong sumapak ng iba? Susmariosep ka ineng, gumising ka. Wala na tayo sa panahon ng lumang tipan para magmukmok sa isang tabi at maghintay ng knight and shining armour na magliligtas sa’yo. Tanga na lang ang martyr ngayon.

Ooops...teka sumobra na ata ang sermon. Duguan na pala. Baka imbes dapat kayong intindihin baka lalong magalit tao sa inyo.

What I mean to say is, be responsible. I am a woman too and I know what fucking bad time means. Kaso I learned to control myself kapag alam kong pumapalpak na ako. Napaka plastik ko naman para sabihin hindi rin ako tumingin sa iba at bumulong sa sarili ng “what if”. But hangang tingin na lang, hangang smile na lang. Beyond that, nek-nek mo na! Wala ng karugtong yon. Wala ng multi-chapter yon. Bago ako ma-trap sa sarili kong kagaguhan, nagtatanong muna ako ng isang malaking ‘BAKIT?’ Because as I know, in my mind and in my heart I love my man and his faulty traits for over ten years. So what kung may flaws s’ya? So what if he has this ‘not a morning’ persona? So what kung annoyingly peculiar individual s’ya? So what if he complains a lot? So what kung like n’ya ang food that I hate? So what if he loves his drum kit like next to kin? So what kung mas marami s’yang oriental tattoo kaysa sa akin? So what if he snores loudly than a horse? So what if he speaks to his plant like it was talking back to him? So what if he acts like a kid in front of our own daughter after I say ‘no-can-do’? So what after n’ya mag-work, TV muna unahin n’ya? So what if he can’t acknowledge my cooking? So what kung ako lang lagi ang uma-attend sa PTA meeting? So what, so what, so what! All of these are just mababaw reasons to fuck my marriage. He married me and he accepted me for everything that I am, the good and the bad. He’s a good man. A perfect-imperfect man for me. Kung sa tutuusin lang mas marami akong bad traits kaysa sa kanya, and I know how hard for a person to accept the things beyond his comprehension, but he still loves me and never did once hurt me. Fuck the flaws. Fuck the protocols. Fuck the ideal man-thing. Nobody’s perfect. Mauulol ka lang kapag hinanap mo yan. Look at me, I married the weirdest man in the world and I’m damn proud of it, so don’t tell me everything I don’t know about why you had to screw things up just because your man doesn’t acknowledge you properly. Have dignity for goodness sake.

Ah, may humahabol na tanong; paano daw kung mayroon ibang babae ang asawa? Putangina, anong klaseng tanong yan? ‘Wag mong sabihin gaganti ka ulol ka. May babae lang yung isa, manlalaki ka na rin? Tama na ang isang abnormal sa inyo, ‘wag ka ng dumagdag, okay? Kung may third party involved, don’t you dare add a fourth one. Maghiwalay na lang kayo, o di kaya ask him why he does that. Be ready nga lang sa reason. If he pleads, and for sure gagawin n’ya yan, then give him another chance. Listen to his words, baka kasi ikaw rin ang may dahilan bakit s’ya lumayo sa’yo.

The Materialistic
I don’t know what to say about this except this is the most dangerous bitch you must watch on. An ambitious viper-like living, breathing sex toy who finds men as a part-time companion-slash-ATM machine.

Dapat ba akong magpaliwanag pa about this? Their character can easily be read as ABC. Sa tatlong classes ng kabit, bukod sa naunang dalawa, eto lang talaga ang tagilid. Why? Sheesh, you do the math. I’m not pushing it, but I considered them as a bad case turned freak of nature. Hindi sila nalalayo sa babaeng bayaran. Lahat ng galaw nila dapat may bayad.

Usually a mistress like this can be found anywhere. Where there is money involved, ‘tangna nandun yan. She can wine and dine everywhere with the use of your husband’s bank account, while you and your family lives in a living hell.

But don’t worry mga misis, walang love involved dito. Yun nga lang depende yan sa asawa mo. Because a materialistic mistress can turn every man’s head spin. Beautiful. Attractive. Smart. Psycho. They can intimidate your man under her spell especially if she knew what his weaknesses are. Where the groin goes, the heart will follow, and if she did grab his balls literally—nakah! Dedo na.

As same as you do, I’m having this question of how women—materialistic women to be precise—allowed to debase themselves to this kind of humiliation. Just for fun? For money? For fame?—oh that would be funny, or for survival? Practicality, maybe yes. Normally, no. Definitely they are not whores, but they do need supplemental.

I have no story on this one. Why? Look around you, on TV, in the news, sa tabloids, maraming story about dyan. At iisa lang ang salita natin kapag nakaharap natin ang isa sa mga yan; putarages ka.

What to say... 
Magalit na ang magalit but if I saw one married woman kalbuhin ang isang materialistic bitch, hindi ako aawat. She got what she deserved. I hate them.

End
Part I
Part II