Saturday, October 3, 2009

ONDOY

September 26, 2009, Saturday, Typhoon Ondoy roared NCR. Floods rushed the south part of Metro Manila and killed almost a hundred people, damaging business sights, ruining innocent lives. I watched the news, vigil around the TV that took me hours to stay in front of it, and I was like little rain won’t hurt anybody, but a lot can kill yah.

I went out of the house and saw the clouds are getting darker, wind pressed harder every minute. The subdivision we lived in now in Valenzuela caught up by the flood too. Annoyed, I watched how the current passed right in front of me, and I was like hangang dito ba naman sinusundan mo kami. A little tug startled me and saw my damped neighbor, wearing what is like a life jacket. Flanking he said, ‘Shit. I can’t leave my house because of this.’ And I said, ‘Yeah, I used to say that too, like four times a month when I lived in Navotas for eight years.’ He gave me a long look, I shrugged, ‘Yup, this is not my first time.’

Residents of Pasig, Marikina, Rizal and nearby cities were alarmed, panicked, and horrified. They never thought someday the unfamiliar word flood will be one of the reasons of their downfall. Hell, I know south parts of Metro Manila are mostly on high grounds, but Rizal? The far-above-ground area Rizal? I don’t know if I can laugh or curse. Who would think that could happen? And shit, Malabon is like a fucking cesspool compared to Marikina when Ondoy crashed in.

NATURE’S wrath

This is all our fault, Nature is just spelling that out. Mother Nature is upset, and I don’t mean she-had-a-period upset. She is furious and she made that clearly decades ago. Why on earth some of us can’t see that, and why on earth we never reckon on that matter? I don’t believe on earth’s self destruction, but I consider Al Gore. That is Global Warming. I hate to say this but damn, make ready for new adjustment folks. Obviously, MAMA NATURE IS ALREADY PISSED and god knew nothing about it. C’mon guys don’t make her angry. We all know we don’t dare make any woman angry. ‘Coz if we did and you’re like hysterically amused by it, she can make the hell out of you.

MEDIA and other stuffs

On the news, break-in stories, Television Shows paved way for the new household name: ONDOY. Thank you for the donations. However, what fascinates me is that well known personalities states how much money or number of items they put in. Is that necessary? What do you think this is, Wallstreet? Why won’t you just state your name and get it over with.

I hate news, it depresses me. I hate about how TV stations ram each other when it comes to their service. I hate politics, I don’t like politicians. I don’t have to know any them, because to me, politics is like a circus. But yesterday I saw differently. One thing for sure, they have this certain objective—well, hardly ethereal goal, to be precise. However, whatever motive they have, they set down their ego to help the ill-fated towns, and they really made quite an impression.